Support: services and organisations

Useful links

East Riding of Yorkshire Council Services

East Riding SEND Local Offer Website

supports parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) by providing a single location where you can search for the support that you need.

The News and Events section on the East Riding SEND Local Offer website is where you will find parent carer events, workshops, and the latest bulletin.

Families Information Service Hub (FISH)

offers impartial information, advice and support to families, parents, carers and childcare providers responsible for looking after children and young people.

FISH Family Service Directory

holds information and a range of services, groups, websites and helplines.

Educational Psychology Service

works with education settings, parents/carers, local authority officers and a range of agencies to help find solutions to improve the learning and social/emotional wellbeing of children and young people.

0-25 SEND Team

support children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP), and their families, to access the support they need.

The team is made up of Intensive Family Coordinators, Family Coordinators, Family Coordinators (Portage) and SEND Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) Officers.

Sensory and Physical Teaching Service (SaPTS)

supports children from 0-25 with a vision or hearing impairment. We also support children with a physical difficulty in an education setting.

Behaviour Support Team

Advisory Teachers have specialist knowledge, understanding and training in order to support schools in meeting the needs of pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.

Early Years Support

aims to facilitate early intervention, information sharing and planning across services for babies/children under the age of 5 years where support may be needed regarding their learning/development and or physical/medical needs with a named lead professional.

Early Help

Early Help Service - Tel: (01482) 391700
Safeguarding and Partnership Hub (formerly EHASH) - Tel: (01482) 395500
Each service will offer you the opportunity to talk to a practitioner about your concerns and discuss the most appropriate way forward.

East Riding Safeguarding Children's Partnership (ERSCP)

ERSCP brings together agencies who work to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people in the East Riding.

Carers Support Service (for adults caring for adults)

provides advice, information and services to recognise, value and support carers. The service may do a Carer's Assessment and may help you with a Council Tax reduction.

Local Organisations

East Riding Local Offer

A directory of local parent carer support groups in the East Riding and Hull area

Aim Higher

Empowering families facing Autism, Mental Health, and Educational Barriers.

Down Right Special

Supporting children and families with Down syndrome in Hull and East Riding.

Special Stars Foundation

Activities and support for families of children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.

National Organisations


provide information and advice on any aspect of caring for a child with special educational needs or a disability.

Council for Disabled Children (CDC)

are the umbrella body for the disabled children’s sector bringing together professionals, practitioners and policy-makers. They have a list of resources for parents and young people and a directory of different organisations.

Carers UK

provides supportive information and advice for carers/young carers

Family and Childcare Trust

provides information for parents on accessing childcare across the UK

Family Fund

provides grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people.

Family Lives

provides help and support to families who are struggling.

Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities

work with people with learning disabilities, families and carers offering advice and support.

Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (IPSEA)

offers independent legally based advice, support and training to help get the right education for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

National Network of Parent Carer Forum

is a network of local parent forums who work together to effect local, regional, and national service improvement through participation and co-production with parent carers.

Special Needs Jungle

provides resources, training and information for parents and carers of children and young people with special needs and disabilities.


provides a free, independent and confidential service to parents and carers of children and young people with SEN and disabilities.

More National Disability Organisations can be found on the East Riding SEND Local Offer website.

Condition-specific Support

ADHD Information Services.

East Riding Neurodiversity Service
The service includes Children’s Community Team for Learning Disabilities (CTLD), Autism (ASC) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) assessment and diagnosis, Children’s Sensory and Children’s SEND Sleep Support services.


East Riding Neurodiversity Service
The service includes Children’s Community Team for Learning Disabilities (CTLD), Autism (ASC) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) assessment and diagnosis, Children’s Sensory and Children’s SEND Sleep Support services.

National Autistic Society
The leading UK charity for autistic people (including those with Asperger syndrome) and their families. They provide information, support and specialist autism services.

The Autism Directory
Helps find resources in the local area, specialist schools, therapies and legal advice.

Autism Education Trust

Action for Asperger's

Asperger's Syndrome Foundation

Challenging Behaviour

Challenging Behaviour Foundation
Provides practical information for families and professionals about understanding and supporting children, young people and adults with severe learning difficulties whose behaviour is described as challenging.

Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome

Down's syndrome

Down's Syndrome Association
Provides information, support and advice about Down’s syndrome for new parents, families, individuals and carers.


The British Dyslexia Association
Offer dyslexia information, advice, support and services.


Dyspraxia Foundation
Aim to increase an understanding of dyspraxia by offering support, information and guidance for parents, families professionals and individuals.

Dyspraxia UK


Epilepsy Action
Work to increase a wider awareness and understanding of epilepsy, and offers online support, guidance and support groups to individuals, parents, carers and families.

Young Epilepsy

Hearing Impairment

National Deaf Children's Society
NDCS provide emotional and practical support and publications to families of children with hearing impairment.

Action on Hearing Loss

British Deaf Association

supporting everyone who is deafblind or has complex disabilities.

Mental Health

We want to see a world where no young person feels alone with their mental health, and gets the mental health support they need, when they need it, no matter what.

MIND: Hull and East Yorkshire

Speech and Language

Afasic A parent-led organisation to help children and young people with speech and language impairments and their families.

I Can Advice on children’s speech, language and communication.

Undiagnosed Conditions

Support for families with undiagnosed conditions. Includes SWAN UK, Genetic Alliance UK and Rare Disease UK.

Visual Impairment

Royal National Institute of Blind People
Offer help and support for blind and partially sighted people. This can be anything from practical and emotional support, campaigning for change, reading services and more.


Supporting everyone who is deafblind or has complex disabilities.

Law advice

Child Law Advice

provides legal advice and information on areas of child, family and education law.

IPSEA Law advice

offers free and independent legally-based information, advice and support to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

Equality Advisory & Support Service

advises on issues relating to equality and human rights in England, Scotland and Wales.


provides free legal information, advice and representation to children, young people, their families, carers and professionals, as well as international consultancy on child law and children’s rights.

CORAM Children’s Legal Centre

Civil Legal Advice (CLA) Legal Aid

free and confidential advice as part of legal aid if you live in England or Wales.

Disability Rights

meet the need for free, independent, up-to-date information, and represent disabled people's rights in the face of huge challenges to our well-being and ability to live independently

Get in touch

If you can't find what you need, feel free to get in touch with us. Our opening hours are Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm and on Fridays, 9am-4pm.

Outside of these hours, please use the Get in touch form. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 2 working days.