Are you aged 16 or under?

Are you disabled or do you have Special Educational Needs (where you need extra support to learn things)?

The law says you can get information, advice and support.

You can come to us if you want some help with getting the right kind of:

  • support at school, college or training
  • health services
  • care and support.

If you would like a parent or carer to help you with contacting us then that is OK. It is up to you.

Your voice matters and you should be involved in decisions and discussions about your needs.

The service is impartial. This means we will not tell you what to do. And most importantly, we will not take sides.

Our officers will give you the information, advice and support you need to be able to make your own choices.

The service is confidential. This means our meetings and talks will be private. We will only ever tell people what we talk about if you say it's OK. The only exception is if we think you or someone else is in danger of being hurt.

Find out more about SENDIASS and meet the team.

Download the SENDIASS information leaflet


What is an Education, Health and Social Care (EHC) plan?

What is an Annual Review of an Education, Health and Social Care (EHC) plan?

IASS video for Children and Young People - what they are/how they can help?

Two videos have been created to ensure that parents, carers, children and young people and professionals have a full understanding of what can often be presented as complicated processes in relation to Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs).

The videos have been written and voiced by staff and young people from the East Riding of Yorkshire and have been fully coproduced with the assistance of parents and carers.

View the videos on the East Riding Local Offer website.

You can contact us by:

Call us
(01482) 396469

Text us
07507 310273

Tweet us

If you are not happy with our support then please tell us how we can make it better!

SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) Survey

For more information and support, the Information Advice and Support Service Network have developed a website which aims to help disabled children and young people and those with SEN better understand what rights they have for accessing information, advice and support across education, health and social care:

Information Advice and Support Service Network

Get in touch

If you can't find what you need, feel free to get in touch with us. Our opening hours are Monday-Thursday, 9am-5pm and on Fridays, 9am-4pm.

Outside of these hours, please use the Get in touch form. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 2 working days.